Process Portfolio-Journal Page

Keith Haring Inspired Work

Monday 1/16/2023: For the Keith Haring inspired work, I struggled at first coming up with ideas. I began to think maybe I could integrate the mind with what I was going to do. Before coming up with this idea, I searched up Keith Haring’s work and saw that in his 70’s work there was a variety of different shapes and styles, which inspired me to integrate these different elements of the mind and art.

Tuesday 1/17/2023: Today I began looking for different images and inspiration online in order to begin creating my piece of art. I found different brain images that I liked, all of them were MRI’s, specifically the black and white ones.

Wednesday 1/18/2023: Today I picked the brain MRI image I liked the best which consisted of two side by side brain images, which contrasted in color. With this image I began to make a background image in photoshop. To make this background I started off with a blank page and added duplicates of this brain MRI. After I added duplicates, I aligned them all next to each other creating a background image.

Thursday 1/19/2023: Now that I had a background image, I began wondering how I could integrate different elements of Keith Harin’s work into my artwork. I began looking at more of his pieces of which he is known for and I found that he very often used the shape of a body. These shapes of bodies reminded me of a Diary of a Wimpy Kid. This inspired me to look for shapes of the body of Greg from Diary of a Wimpy Kid to use for my artwork.

Friday 1/20/2023: I decided I did not want to utilize Greg Heffley for my artwork because I felt it did not send my message clear enough or strongly enough. I decided to overlap a man on these images and faded him out. I used several fx elements in photoshop to get this image.

Body, Shape. Form

Monday 1/16/2023: I began to brainstorm what part of the body I should photograph. At first I thought to go with lips as they express what a person thinks but did not feel as drawn to them. I began thinking of other body parts that would fit this Body, Shape, and Form.

Tuesday 1/17/2023: I decided to work with the eyes. I discovered that the eyes drew me in, eyes tell all type of stories. After deciding to work with the eye I began to look for people who would be willing to have their eyes photographed.

Wednesday 1/18/2023: I began to set up the lighting and fix the background for the photographing session. After I set up the lighting and fixed the background, I began photographing. After I photographed, I went over the pictures I took and chose the one I liked the most.

Thursday 1/19/2023: After I looked over the pictures I had taken, I edited them in adobe lightroom. I changed the color of the photograph, along with the exposure, brightness, highlights, amongst other things.

Friday 1/20/2023: After I edited the photograph on lightroom, I transferred everything to photoshop and made a piece in which the eye fades demonstrating how one ceasing from existence does not necessarily mean breathing one’s last…

Monday 12/7/2022

Thursday 11/10/2022

Monday 10/17/2022:

Monday 10/4/2022:

Process portfolio on paper.

Wednesday 9/21/2022:

We began to block print today. I’ve been waiting for this to begin, I am really excited to see where this goes and what other people do. I really like the image I chose, it really describes me, I love tulips and joy they bring to people receiving them.